Wednesday, July 30, 2014


I pull inspiration from all different places and things.  Sometimes, I go for a quick drive into our quaint town of Clinton, NJ, to look at the waterfall and the cute little shops, and other times I think back to all the amazing places I have had the chance to visit.

I was looking for some new use of colors and shapes, specifically in nature, so I decided to look back at photos from a trip to Italy I took with my husband in 2011.  Italy alone is an amazing place to visit, but the architecture, colors, and culture were especially inspiring.  I'll save the photos of the immaculate buildings and amazing artwork for another day.  Of course, I have tons of photos from this trip, but here are just a few.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to incorporate some of these color combinations into some new pieces...


This was taken near an art museum in Florence.  I love the texture of the ivy and the way it's creeping up the building but elegantly draped over the door.



This photo speaks for itself.  The colors are so bright and vivid.  This was taken at a market in Rome.  






All of the photos in this group, and the first one shown in this post, were taken in Capri.  I am constantly inspired by the natural beauty of flowers and plants.  The color mixtures, textures, and shapes are truly amazing.


Sigh... someday, I'll travel back to this magical place...






No comments:

Post a Comment