Monday, February 1, 2016

Wrinkles and Gray Hairs and.... Sequins? Oh, My!

If you asked my late grandmother, she would have told you that this combo never goes out of style.  She wore sequins for as long as I can remember, and never let go of some level of glitz and glam in her everyday attire.  She was awesome.

Today, I turn 32.  And, to celebrate my birthday and another recent celebration, I decided that you are never too old for a sequin piece.  Now, I have my fair share of sequin garments, but seeing as how I recently had a baby and felt like I needed a few updates to my wardrobe, I luckily stumbled upon a new sequin skater skirt and leggings at Target.  Yes, Target!  It is, after all, my favorite store.

Wearing sequins can go a little Florida-retirement home-overboard... so you should pair them with solid basics, but don't be afraid to mix in other textures!


Here, I paired gold sequin leggings with a gray burn-out t-shirt, black blazer, and black suede block-heeled pumps. I wore a chunky, tribal necklace, vintage ring, and double-beaded bracelet.  You can find the necklace and bracelet I wore in my Etsy shop!




I wore a simple fitted charcoal grey long-sleeve T with this gold sequin skater skirt.  Cable knit black tights and royal blue suede wedges added a little more color and texture.  I wore a chunky light turquoise chain necklace and purple yarn wrapped bangle with a vintage ring.


Now go out there and add some sparkle!


No comments:

Post a Comment