Monday, September 1, 2014

I Make Wedding Dresses, Wedding Veils and Hair Pieces...and now Wedding Arches

A friend of mine asked if I'd be interested in making wedding arches for her sister's wedding.  I have made wedding dresses, including my own.   I have made veils and hair pieces, including one I'm working on right now for my future sister-in-law... but arches?  That's new territory.  However, when she asked, I couldn't say no.  I had so many ideas already brewing.


The arches will be held up for the bride and groom to walk under as they enter into the reception at their wedding today.  I hadn't done this before, but I was ready to take on the challenge.  The colors for the wedding are metallics, and the bride is wearing a simple, but beautiful ivory gown with a slightly darker satin sash.  Classic and timeless.


Here are the before photos.  A whole slew of silk flowers, pearls, rhinestones, satin ribbon, and more.  I started with hula hoops, cut them, then wrapped them in ivory satin ribbon.  I then attached flowers, pearls, rhinestones, and other elements around the top portions.  




From the photos, it looks like a tacky craft store explosion.  The glitz and glam was tamed in the end, however, for this sophisticated and elegant event.  Here are the final products!





So if you need some wedding arches, I can do that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment